Saturday, June 9, 2012

Futurism and Entrepreneurship

Hi cohort and DrR., Many of the problems we seem to be finding here are discussed and reflected upon by many different fields. Although futurism is new for how we are to use or apply the skills of trending, this is a basic and mandatory skill for any would be entrepreneur, such as myself. It also appears in the referenced materials of the class that much of the Futurist and trending skills discussed has a history in business. I see the class material and discussions reinforcing this understanding for me. If you can't see the trends and react to the environment proactively, you will soon be dust. This skill is what helped me to find and decide on returning to school. As you predict I expect another round of economic crisis and earning my doctorate is a best approach to surf the wave of change, rather then getting pummeled by it. It is a shame how little this society has learned from the most recent melt down. I fear it will not only repeat itself but the damage will compound. Just my read on the economy. Erik Bingo! In fact, the World Future Society will hold its annual international conference in Toronto July 27-30, 2012. For the very first time, it will combine its technical sessions with a session for entrepreneurs! We, I am a Professional Member, realize exactly what you describe here. Entrepreneurs are futurists or they are at great risk. Give the rate of change today, in all fields, if we are not futurists, we can be toast too very quickly and by complete surprise.

No comments: