Sunday, October 14, 2012

Emerging Demand for Emergency and Crisis Management and Planning

Last week, Thursday, I attended a workshop on Google Documents. The young woman who taught us was age thirty-four, and in her previous life had been a fire-fighter/EMT. She just finished her degree in history at University of Wisconsin - Platteville down the road, literally, a mile from us. We were at the Platteville, WI business incubator, where she works as assistant director. She told me that prior to her going to university she had received extensive, world-class training, education in crisis and emergency management! It was her specialty in the fire-fighting/EMT field. As we shared, she mentioned that as a student in fact the university chancellor had hired her, an undergrad, to join his office staff to do the emergency and crisis management planning for the campus! This is a wow! She laughed, "I was just in my second year there." She greatly impressed this writer, and I am hoping to enlist her in my private business ventures in time. Yes, emergency and crises planning and management are sadly important more than ever today.

No comments: