Sunday, November 11, 2012

School Librarianship: Model for Future Education

Shaun, this question takes me back to my library days. I served as a K-12 school library / media director for 12 years. The school librarian seeks to match learning resources with learning needs on both a group and individual basis. School librarianship may offer you insights into this. School librarians work closely with curriculum and instruction development if they are any good. I am pleased to share my K-12 school library program for the Warren, Illinois school system won the best school library award in 1984 from the Illinois Association for Media in Education and Illinois Library Association! We went to the annual professional conference to receive it. Imagine, Warren, Illinois, population 1,600 stood taller than the elite suburban schools library programs in places like Evanston, IL (New Trier High School and Northwestern University).

No comments: