Saturday, June 13, 2015

Future of Trust Drives Future of Ethics

Walter, your discussion of trust reminded me of Plato's definition of ethics:  behaviors that do not harm others or ourselves.

In other words, ethical behavior means I trust you will not harm me.  I believe Plato got this right, in a "nutshell."

For instance, one of the Mafia rules is you cannot kill a "made man," member, without permission from the boss.  It is the same logic as Plato.  I do not want to belong to an organization that will harm, hurt, kill me.  Even the Mafia cannot function without truth, ethical behavior that does not harm others or ourselves. 

Note the emphasis on behavior.  It is about doing, not talking.  "Walk the talk."  Or, "Watch what I do, not what I say." 

Yes, you are right.  Minus ethical trust, hello hell.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts, again.  Paul 

No comments: