Tuesday, March 4, 2014

RAND Corporation and Hudson Institute - Two Future Studies Leaders

Your humble servant here once had a chance to meet with the chief fundraiser for RAND in Santa Monica!  It was the experience of a lifetime.  RAND has its own doctoral program in public policy and my career counselor advised me to pursue it rather than my Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin - Madison!  Imagine, this is how powerful the RAND Corporation is in the professional marketplace!  Personal reasons got in the way of my moving from Wisconsin to California; I got my Ph.D. there, not at RAND.  However, I would urge anybody else making a Ph.D. decision that deals with public policy and planning and futuring to consider it!  I also love the Hudson Institute.  It has full-time sales reps in Madison, WI to solicit trend forecasting R&D contracts from state agencies and politicians!  At one time, when its founder Herman Kahn was alive, it was on the Hudson River in NY State.  It is now in Indiana.  Both are fantastic choices!  Explore, use them.  Dr. Rux  

No comments: